Sunday, July 01, 2007

Early Morning Adventures

I woke up this morning at 4:30 because I desperately had to use the restroom. So I trekked down the hall and of course, the toilet was completely clogged. I totally would have plunged it--I appear to be the only one in the back of the Manor House who knows how to plunge a toilet--but the plunger had been absconded with. So there I was, without a way to fix the toilet, at 4:30 in the morning. And when I say I desperately had to use the bathroom, I desperately had to use the bathroom. I tried to go back to bed but there was no way. I checked the door to the main part of the Manor House--locked, of course. We aren't supposed to go through that way, we might wake up the little ones, but I figured I could be quiet and it was an emergency. Finally I realized my only course of action was to walk all the way to the West Lodge and to keep my fingers crossed that it was empty. Sometimes random people live there during the summer. I made it in good time without meeting any skunks, and the moon was very bright so I could see where I was going fine, but then all the doors were locked! Holy buckets! I was fairly desperate by this time. However, one last door opened! So there I was, sneaking around trying to find the bathrooms--I've never been in there before and the place is huge! But I did find one, hallelujah. And that was my adventure for this morning.
I went to church today! I took the Sacrament for the first time in months! It was amazing. I cried. We had a testimony meeting and I was the first one up there, and it felt so great to be letting that out there finally. For me, feeling the Spirit this morning was like everything was trying to fly out of me--laughter and tears and perhaps dancing up and down. I contented myself with smiling and crying. I don't know, it was definitely a wonderful wonderful wonderful feeling and I am glad I had the opportunity to go finally.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.