Thursday, July 05, 2007

5-Leaf Clover

Today has been super-busy. I've been going since I opened my eyes this morning. Granted, that is a fair estimation of my days in general here. However, today has felt more busy than usual. I had a bunk meeting with 20 and their counselors, Marjori, and Nancy. The girls in 20 decided they don't like their counselor, Kaz. She's from Austalia and at first I did have my reservations about her. She was the counselor I wasn't too sure about in the beginning. I have since then come to really appreciate her and enjoy her as a person. We get along awesome and she does good work in there with those girls. They are good girls, they just don't listen very well. Anyway, they have decided to attempt the old 'let's get her fired' routine and have been industrially spreading stories ever since. We were thinking they were exaggerating a bit, and in the interest of the girls, we were investigating. They had a check-in meeting with Jane and Nancy yesterday and apparently told some pretty incriminating stories about Kaz. We had another meeting today, and the purpose was for Nancy to catch them in their lies. We did. It was a horrid moment. The counselor was sobbing, Marjori was crying, I was crying, Nancy wasn't happy....and the girls, sadly, were probably only sorry they had been caught. Don't get me wrong, they did feel genuine remorse. However, the remorse was more that now Kaz was still around and they had to suck up big time to get back in her good graces. I was just so disappointed in them. It is never a good thing to know that someone is actively working to get someone fired for no reason other than they don't like her as well as the other counselor. Heartbreaking.
On a happy note, I found a 4-leaf clover and then a 5-leaf clover! If 3 is the norm and 4 is lucky, 5 must be super-fabulously wonderful! I laminated it and will use it as my bookmark henceforth.
We are also having a dance party tonight with all junior camp. I'm pretty excited about that. We let the girls pick their playlist and made up a 2 cd compilation. Optional clothing and everything. The GLs have chosen Sexy Back as our theme song to dance to. I'll get good pictures.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.