Monday, July 02, 2007

Episode

I plunged the toilet twice more yesterday. I have turned into the resident plumber. I think the toilet needs something. It is ancient, that much I can say. So perhaps the pipes are about the size of a dime? Who knows, but it gets clogged very quickly and often. And no one seems to be capable of using the plunger. I'm about to post a sign saying if you clog it, you plunge it, bottom line, end of story. Wow. Eric has been keeping a tally for me this summer and according to him, this is my 4th plunging. Definitely a record for me. Nice to know I could have a career to fall back on, eh?
Last night one of my girls had a hysterical episode that was the craziest, scariest, most-like-the-movie-exorcist moment i have ever witnessed in my life. All the general counselors were off and heading to staff night and I was on OD until 11:30 on cabin row. The bunk 1 leadership girls were heading in and I was walking over to do my routine goodnight checks, and one of my girls was crying hysterically, screaming something about a baby. I couldn't figure out what she was saying and when I finally got her to look at me, there was no one home. Her eyes, her face, everything was blank. It scared me. And then she started foaming at the mouth and I kid you not, projectile spit and snot was shooting everywhere. Of course I leaped back. Everyone was freaked out, the kids were crying, oh man. I got her out of there but she wasn't responsive at all. It wasn't like a seizure, it was like she was having a psychotic break or something. My co and I took her to the sink room and finally, like a switch, she was back. When we asked, she said she was just really sad. Holy buckets. I had to write up a report and I sat on her porch for the rest of OD. This morning I brought her to the health center and they checked on her and asked her questions. They told me it was just an intense, intense emotional outburst and she remembers the whole thing and why she was crying. I'm supposed to watch her and if she does it again bring her back to the health center. It was scary. She's 10.
And on that happy note...tomorrow is my birthday! Quarter century, yo.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.