Monday, July 30, 2007

Or Not So Much Relaxation

And the stress begins. Color War is beginning--the break hasn't happened yet, but we are embroiled in all the speculation and spirit chains leading up to the event itself, and that is proving to be just as stressful for me as last year. I hate the beginning of Color War. Once it actually happens, it is chill and I enjoy myself. At the moment, I just wish I could skip it all.
Last night I was the only one on OD with my girls--all 5 bunks decided to go crazy at once. I had two PDs come down to help me, which is unheard of. Normally I can handle it, but not last night. Their counselors were off, as it was Sunday, and it was just Bunk 1 leadership in there and they are no help whatsoever. More of a handicap, usually. I was tired and with each successive problem my tolerance and patience would diminish a bit more. Finally, I had to leave cabin row. I had nothing left to offer, and I couldn't even be around my counselors when they got back. Times like that you know when to wave the white flag and leave.
I am in the Color War break this year, as a peasant. I am interested to see how this is going to go. I'll relate more on that topic as things happen.
Tomorrow is Carnival. More stress.
Negative SFU came to play for us last night, and I really enjoyed that. I would have enjoyed it more had I not had girls with issues at every turn. I think I am just weary. Being tired causes everything to turn a color that it wouldn't normally be. I'll be fine after tonight--my night off, finally!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.