Friday, July 13, 2007

Countdown to V-day

That's Visiting Day...put in the theme music to Jaws, and you have it. No, it isn't that bad. I don't necessarily enjoy parts of it, but the girls are kept busy for a whole day and they are very happy. I must also say, I have never enjoyed being invisible more than I do than on that day. You become very superfluous, which normally would be a bad thing. I just bop around and smile, and they look right through me. The very nice thing is that no one knows what a GL really does for their kids--even though I know they all write letters about me and talk about me, because I've seen and heard it. So the counselors take the brunt of the parental front-line attack and that leaves me to wander.
We have lots of events coming up, so we've been visiting the costume room. I found the greatest old man outfit for Male Beauty tomorrow. I'm a judge and need to dress like a guy. Tonight I am going to be a camper and sit in Bill's girls' circle. It is going to be very entertaining.
Unhappy note--I have a sore throat and don't feel very well today. A cold has been going around and that is not cool. I hope my vitamins will fend it off.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.