Sunday, July 29, 2007

Relaxation

That is a funny word to use to describe any part of my camp experience. Nevertheless, that is how I feel lately. Most of my activities with my girls have been very relaxing.
Yesterday, for instance, I went tubing with bunk 21. I rode twice, once with a girl who didn't have a partner, and once with one of my counselors, Emily. It was probably the first time I haven't felt like I was going to fall out. I thoroughly enjoyed it. We did see a snake swimming in the water, which freaked out my girls--ok, me too, but I didn't admit it. However, I convinced them it was more scared of us tubing than we were of it, and they all agreed to get in. Then we jumped off the dock and had fun splashing and playing. I was enjoying bobbing up and down with my life jacket. It does all the work for you. Jumping off the dock with that is the definition of relaxing.
Yesterday was also phone call day for the lower jrs. Jenny Caine had the night off, so I basically chilled in the phone call room all morning and all evening. I missed some of evening activity, but that was ok, because when I got back, they announced ice cream night! That is always exciting. A later night, but oh well.
We also had the first Color War clue yesterday! And it begins. Someone rode in on a horse dressed like a knight to main campus. I love seeing how excited the girls all get. They literally stormed the main campus and had to be held back before they spooked the horse. I didn't even pay attention to the clue, so I have no idea what it was. I'm just looking forward to seeing what the break is this year. Last year, you might remember, was Star Wars.
Today I am planning some more tubing. It is Sunday, so that meant late sleep, and I went to church for the first time in 2 weeks! I still don't have much of a singing voice--I know, like there ever was one to begin with--and I cough on occasion, but I am feeling much better. And next Sunday will be our last in Honesdale. Craziness!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.