Friday, July 20, 2007

My Favorite Spot

Every morning, I wake up early and sit in the green Adirondack chairs in front of the art Shac and either sit and listen to birds or read my book. It has become my favorite, de-stressing, spot in all of camp. They are located underneath a pine tree-well, at least it has pine cones, although I am not entirely sure of the species. A squirrel and/or a chipmunk loves to scold me for sitting there and I generally get pelted with tree debris. Whenever I hear the sound a pine cone makes when it detaches from the tree, I generally cringe a bit and cover my head. So far I have not been hit, but there have been many a close call. When Eric and Heather sit there with me, they generally have to cover their coffee cups, so much stuff is being thrown. This morning I was reading F. Scott Fitzgerald's Tender is the Night and enjoying the clouds racing past. They were low and moving very fast, and I got to wondering where they were in such a hurry to get to. No one else was outside yet, so it was rather as though I had my own private showing. Beautiful.
We are getting close to Junior Camp Special Day, and this year have chosen Harry Potter as our 'fake'. So today we are all wearing lightning bolt scars on our foreheads. All our girls think it is for the JCSD, all the rest of camp thinks it is because the book comes out tonight at midnight. I am a fan of the books, but would not necessarily wear a lightning bolt on my forehead to demonstrate my loyalty, therefore I don't know if I will be wearing it for much longer. We'll see.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.