Sunday, July 08, 2007

Love Lower Juniors!

I have never been more happy to be with lower juniors than I was last night on cabin row. Everyone was having issues and running around. Me? I was strolling, enjoying the stars, the feel of the breeze, and the flicker of fireflies. Why? Because my girls were all quiet, with their lights either out or having some flashlight time. Ah, peaceful! Granted, it couldn't last, and they were still extremely quiet last night.
I had a wonderful morning--I almost forgot what I did already, which is pretty much the norm. A day feels like a week. I went to church this morning and one of the speakers didn't show, so I became the second speaker. I prepared something in 5 minutes and banged it out. It went fairly well, for me not having spoken in church in months and months. Anyway, Heather came with us, so that was really really nice.
After church, however, the fun began again. My bunks are just having issues this morning with respect and friendship. I had to talk to bunk 20. Holy buckets. I think I scared them, though, because they were asking if they had to go home. Now, I don't yell, nor do I raise my voice. I just talked very sternly to them and didn't coddle. They're 10. They need to know their actions have consequences. I was happy to see that it got through. We'll see for how long. I asked Eric if we could trade jobs for the day. I don't know how to throw clay, but I would sure give it a try if he'd be willing to take care of all the friendship issues. He said no, predictably.
Tomorrow is my day off!!!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.