Monday, July 16, 2007

Back to the Living!

I don't feel like death anymore!! Yesterday was horrid and all I wanted to do was sleep, which is so not conducive to my job at camp. I suffered through it, however--and definitely now know what a wuss I am in the 'real world', when I can drug myself into oblivion and sleep all day and not feel the horrific biological war that is being waged on my body--and yet still whine and complain about how sick I am. I felt every battle of this one, let me tell you. I couldn't take anything but Ibruprofin for my fever, because I couldn't afford to be drowsy. You have to be on top of your game here, and yesterday I let things slide, but I was determined it wasn't going to be because of cold medicine. I did the best I could, under the circumstances. Which brings me to a point. What are any of us doing 'under' the circumstances? Shouldn't we be working to get 'above' the circumstances? I'm going to work on it.
Gold Rush last night was tough for me. I dressed up like a cowgirl and did my deputy thing--but only arrested 1 girl. The rest of the time I wandered with my girls and watched the black jack table and dice games. It felt like it went by very quickly. I got a good night's sleep last night and today I feel much better! I still have a cough and cold, but my head is very much in the present. Tonight is my night off--finally!--and I plan on watching a movie and going to sleep. Tomorrow is Hershey Park day, so I have all day off. Heather and I are going to Harry Potter and then just hanging out. Should be wonderful.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.