Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Costumes, Carnival, and Color War

That title was very alliterative. True, however. Today is a huge day for costumes. I have to change multiple times, and for most of them, I am looking forward to it. It is a hot day, however, and I am already sweating.
Yesterday I went to the lake with bunk 21 and we had a blast. It was warm also, so being in the water for almost an hour was quite delightful. We took the big surfboards out to the aqua tramp and just played and splashed. I had so much fun. I just bobbed in the water with my life jacket. Extremely relaxing. I wish I had more days to do that, but sometimes my schedule is so crazy I just can't play.
This morning I was part of the Color War clue, so I dressed like a peasant with Charlotte and Heather. They had a treasure chest and I ran up behind them and hit Charlotte with my shovel so I could steal it. Then Heather got me with her shovel and I 'died' too. So basically I laid on the ground and played dead while they read the clue. It was interesting. We had charcoal all over our faces to be dirty.
Then I had to hurry and change so that I could be in the Wayne County championship gymnastics photo. We won it for the 27th year in a row. It was exciting to be included in the picture. I don't do much with gymnastics, but Bill said I helped by getting my girls there and he wanted me in the photo.
Later I have to put on my carnival costume, which is just my rain gear. We're going as months of the year, and I am April. I have to put my bathing suit on underneath, because guess who is in the dunk tank again? Yep. Great. I am a little apprehensive. Last year I was voted in but never actually made it in due to time constraints, which was lucky because everyone who went in the dunk tank was hurt in some shape or another. The dunk tank is ancient and scary.
And one more change after that! I am a fortune teller during the carnival itself, which greatly excites me. I found the coolest outfit to wear and I am going to be very creative with my fortunes. Good times all around.
It is hot out there! Not looking forward to that part.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.