Saturday, June 30, 2007

Serenity and Cows

I went for a walk last night on my evening off. I had originally planned on going for a long run but of course time slipped away and when I was actually able to leave the camp and start my night off, I had already eaten shabbat dinner and running with that wouldn't make me feel happy. So I went for a long walk instead. It was so nice, to be by myself without the clamor of 380 girls. However, there was a whole field full of cows that were eating and have you ever listened to the noise they make when ripping up grass? It kind of sounded like the ocean! Very cool. I closed my eyes and pretended I wasn't listening to cows eating and that I wasn't standing on the road 500 feet from a summer camp but that I was at the seashore. I would have liked to imagine I was on a sailboat, but nothing was rocking. I guess I could have swayed. Anyway, that was delightful. Then I continued on and admired the rock walls that are everywhere around here and look like the homesteaders built them when they first settled here. It truly is amazingly beautiful countryside in PA. I was also able to listen to birds instead of yells and shrill screams! Then I talked to my parents and was asleep by 9:30. And Olympics ends tonight!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.