Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Weather blues

I think I brought the cold weather with me. I got off the plane and into humidity, but thus far it has been cold and rainy. Not cool. We did go hiking today, just behind the pond by Heather's house, and it was cold and very squelchy, due to the all the mud and wet. My legs were mud-splattered! Oh well. And it isn't as if my shoes haven't been wet before. I should have worn my rain boots.
Heather's parents are super-cool. It is very laid back around here, which is the perfect atmosphere. We've just been hanging out and having fun--we had dinner last night with Heather's friend Jim--we met him in Fort Collins, remember, Kurt and Kat?
Other than that, we've got some adventures planned already--tomorrow we head to Buffalo to the zoo and then Niagra Falls. I'm excited for Niagra Falls. I'll take plenty of pictures. Then after camp Heather and I are driving to Maine to meet her family there for vacation. I don't fly home until the 15th so we'll have 5 days there. I have always wanted to go to Maine!
So hopefully the weather will pick up soon! Enough of this cold weather. I think it will be 80 tomorrow. I'm ready, despite the humidity!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.