Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Deep Breath

I cried this morning. I got the double dose of scary Widmans....oh man. Bill (head of gymnastics and head OD on camp) was mad about none of the counselors showing up for his meeting--which it turns out he put the wrong date on the form--and I don't know why I got the brunt of it, but I did. And hey, I'll take it for my counselors any day, because it wasn't their fault they got the wrong information. However, I don't like that I was the only GL busted for it. No worries, he has since apologized profusely and is now going above and beyond to make me feel better. Bill likes me, so that helps. And whatever, I could have dealt with that situation, but then I had to talk to Mark (head of the dining room and grouchy because of stress on good days) that one of my little girls needed chocolate milk. This little girl won't eat anything and her mom informed me last night that I needed to make sure she drinks milk twice a day. So I am feeling overwhelmed about that anyway. Mark proceeded to make me feel like a blooming idiot for even suggesting we give her chocolate milk. He wouldn't listen to any of my explanations, he pretty much dismissed me completely. It was the last straw. I was in tears. Oh, and he's apologized as well, but only after Marjori talked to him and made him feel guilty.
AND then today I had a stage-5 life sucker. This poor little girl. She's been crying non-stop since camp started and we keep being told to just be with her, she'll cry for 4 days and then she'll be fine. That is a lot of crying. Nothing we say makes her feel better. We're basically playing a giant game of hot-potato with this poor girl. I'll take her until I can't handle it, then I'll pass her off to someone else. Her poor counselors. Holy buckets.
And it isn't even lunch time yet!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.