Sunday, June 24, 2007

Lunch? Food in general?

Wow. On the one hand, I feel so much less stressed out than last year. On the other hand, I forgot just how busy I would actually be once the girls got here. Forget seeing my friends, I don't even have time to notice that I haven't said hi to someone in a day. I saw Heather for 3 seconds today when I popped down to check my email and keep myself sane. And again, I do think I have a handle on this whole Group Leader position, so that is nice. I really love my counselors; they are doing an amazing job. My girls are cute and just good for the most part. We are embroiled in the lice check drama of the summer. So far, none of my girls have it, but we are doing final checks today. I do not have time to sit and eat. I try but mainly I shovel food in while I'm running after someone. Today at lunch I had to play musical chairs because we have peanut allergy girls and an overabundance of pb&j sandwiches in the group. Add to that one girl who won't eat anything--and I do mean anything--other than these meal replacement bars that I have to track down every day. I don't know how she survives. Her parents sent them in and said if we could 'encourage Hannah to eat more foods' it would be lovely. Yeah right. I think they all need to see a shrink. I don't know. I guess I've never encountered that picky of an eater before. Deep breath. Other than that, my spirits are high and I'm thinking this summer is going to be an upbeat one.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.