Monday, June 25, 2007

Trek!

Last night was rough, I won't lie. After evening activity, I went into the ceramics studio and told Eric I was done and wanted to go home. I wasn't completely serious--only about 75%--but he shut the door and we had a nice venting session and it really helped me. So I headed back to cabin row and was able to not feel like I had made a huge mistake coming back. I got a good night's sleep and was able to wake up for the 7:30 meeting with no problem!
That having been said, I am still thrilled I am back. Just getting the Sapling every morning and seeing what all I have to do and be in charge of actually energizes me. Weird, I know. Especially having 3 cabins this year instead of 2.
I just packed one of my cabins off on a trek trip to Rickett's Glen. I was so jealous I couldn't go--I have too much other stuff going on here to leave for a day. Beau asked me to go and was still trying to convince me when they were pulling out of the parking lot--HUGE temptation! Oh well. My girls have waterski today. I'll get to be down there with them. I love going down to the lake and watching that.
Having my phone work in my cabin has been such a stress-reliever, also. I called Mom and Dad last night before I went to bed and it was just nice to have a check-in. I talked to Brandt yesterday--I think it was yesterday, the days all blend together here-- and that was good, especially as I have been worrying about him as of late, what with the tragedy that happened in South Carolina to those firefighters.
I have to head back out and put on some sunscreen--my nose burns like whoa, no matter how much I load on. What is that stuff that doesn't rub in but turns your nose different colors? I need some of that...lifeguards wear it.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.