Friday, June 08, 2007

Over the Falls in a Cell Phone

Buffalo was quite an interesting place. Fairly big--larger than I am used to. I asked Heather's friend Nick how many people lived there and he couldn't tell me. He did say I had no accent, which he found odd. He was having me say 'car' and 'bike' and all these random words, and then told me I am definitely not a New Yorker, nor do I have much inflection to tell where I am from. Very interesting...I never thought of that before.
We went to the park and had a picnic. Heather's friend Don brought his 3-year old brother, Kaden. It made me miss my monkey. I must say, Kaelan is definitely the cutest little boy I know of, and for sure the most fun. I think I talk about him too much--oops. How annoying. I don't, however, tell anyone he's the cutest and the most fun when their little one is around, so I suppose that's something.
We went to the Buffalo zoo. It was totally sketch. Poor animals. It wasn't even that hot out, and they were either hiding--which who can blame them? I'd hide from everyone staring at me day in and day out too. Or they were just standing and staring, with very dull dull eyes. You could just see it in their expressions--my life sucks. I don't think I like zoos. You'd think, oh, great, the zoo! All the animals will be perky and happy and you can see them in their habitat! Not. It was smelly and warm, with hordes of little kids on field trips, and not one animal was perky or happy. And they definitely weren't in their natural habitat, nor even a fair estimation of one, I'd say. A grizzly bear really was sad--they don't just stand there and stare at you and refuse to move a muscle. And it was all skinny, with lank fur. It was horrid. Ok, I'll get off my zoo soapbox now. I just didn't like it. Give me Glacier Park or Africa anyday.
Niagra Falls! I was a wee bit underwhelmed, I'll admit. I don't know what I was expecting, but perhaps bigger? I don't know. It was certainly cool to see. And there were tourists from all over the world there. Everyone was speaking a different language. I did take pictures, but I'll post them at camp, because the internet is faster there. And Heather almost dropped her cell phone. It made this mighty leap for freedom over the falls, but she managed to subdue it again. Rather amusing. Very sucky if she would have dropped it. I think perhaps it would be more impressive if seen from the Canadian side, but neither of us had a passport handy, so we had to stay on the American side, which is on top of the falls. Still, it was great to be able to see the Niagra Falls at last. However, the Honeymoon capital? I fail to see just why that is.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.