Friday, June 29, 2007

Olympics

Olympics has begun! Last night we had a magician visit camp and after his show Olympics officially broke. Heather has been working non-stop on the events. I think she needs an assistant. Anyway, I helped her as much as I could between my own crazy schedule and last night it finally came together. The magician was amusing. I enjoyed him. He didn't do magic tricks so much as he did funny stuff to make the girls laugh--lots of audience participation.
And today all the games are happening. I have to say, Olympics here has never been my favorite camp event. I would actually rather crawl back into bed and go to sleep, but morning meeting wasn't too hard to get up for. It was a donut day! Gary Brown always brings donuts mondays, wednesdays, and fridays.
We also got our collared polo leadership shirts. Blah. Mine is huge--yet again, although not as big as last year's. I think I could have hidden an elephant under my shirt last year. This year it is just inconvenient. Luckily it is freezing so I'm wearing my white hoodie. Oh, and today is picture day! My girls did fairly well.
I'll tell you what, I am happy I have lower juniors again this year and not my girls from last year. They grew into a whole new set of crazy problems and the new lower juniors are so mellow. I love it. I also love my counselors! They are amazing this year!
I am getting excited for my birthday! It falls on Dorney Park day, so we all have it off and no one will be on camp. I wish my family could be here. However, I do get to celebrate with my camp family and that makes me happy.

2 comments:

Heather said...

i am so excited for tuesday.

Jessie said...

Thanks, Heather! Me too!

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.