Thursday, July 16, 2009

Books and Cubby Cleaning

I came to camp with the usual amount of books--6 that I hadn't started yet. And normally by this point I am buying more because I have already finished them. At least in past summers that has been the case. Currently, I am still working on book number 2. What does that mean?? Either I'm really not into the Tom Robbins book I am reading--Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates--or I don't have as much time to read as I normally do. That could be because on OD at night I am generally with the kids or dealing with an issue and then too tired, and in the mornings I haven't been getting my consistant adirondack chair time. Bummer.

We are cleaning for Visiting Day--which is on Saturday, can you believe it?? Not me. I'm feeling way too relaxed for it already to be Visiting Day. Anyway, I spent all morning in 15 helping with cubbies because they only had one counselor, only to walk into 14 and be blown away by the fact that even though they have 2 counselors, nothing was done. I have to do all the cubbies in the back still. 12 looks amazing, I won't even worry. But why do I always have one bunk every summer that stress me out about cleaning? Riddle me that...

I saw the new Harry Potter last night. I will give it a thumb to the side--which means neither up nor down. I liked it...I think. There were awkward parts, like with Ginny Weasely, and the ending sucked big time. That is all I will say. I need to reread the books when I get home. Brush up on my Potter and reestablish my liking for the series.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.