Monday, July 13, 2009

A Meh Day

Meh as in, 'How's your day?' 'Meh', with a shoulder shrug.

I felt very...tired today. Tired and not very mentally or physically present, which is tough because to be successful here you need to be both very much mentally and physically present. And yet, I feel that everyone here gets this way once in a while. The trick is not to have it happen more often than it doesn't. And I can say that this is the only time I have felt like this. I have had hard days, oh my yes, but wanting to cry and not have a conversation or having a tough time with my girls is not the same as just not really feeling it. And I was not really feeling it today. I took a nap and then felt almost sick, so that wasn't the answer.

I went to archery with some of my kids today and really enjoyed that activity. I was actually pretty good at it! I could hit a bull's-eye from 30 feet back and I was pretty consistant with hitting the target in the same spot. I even hit 3 arrows in one spot at one point. I felt very Robin Hood-esque.

Tonight is my night off, and I am making the most of it by watching a good movie and relaxing. Early bed is also on the agenda.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.