Friday, July 31, 2009

From 9 to 6

I started out with 9 counselors in my 3 bunks--3 for each. I have 6 original counselors left. I guess losing 3 isn't that bad of a number, but sheesh...it's the most that I've ever lost in one summer. One of them was moved from the bunk into another cabin in the same age group, one was moved from the bunk into a different age group, and now one has quit/been fired. I'm not sure what you would call it--perhaps a bit of both? Remember the counselor I was so afraid to have that talk with, the one I was sure didn't like me? She had some unfortunate pictures in the bunk and the girls saw them. Coupled with some personal problems, it was enough for her to no longer be with us. Bunk 15 will be getting a new counselor starting Sunday, a former camper who is super-excited to be doing this for the last 2 weeks of camp. I feel...torn about the situation. On the one hand, the counselor in question and I had achieved a really good working relationship. We were getting along just great and I think it was a battle hard-fought and won for me. So it is sad to see her go now, after everything we've gone through. And yet, I also am glad that one source of drama has been removed from my summer. I no longer have to hold her hand constantly.

On an up note, today is my day off and when I went into lunch I was absolutely BOMBARDED with girls, both mine and Tina's, who were so excited to see me and had missed me all morning. We sat together and had a great lunch, laughing and joking. I really do love my girls this summer. I don't even want to think about leaving them all in 2 weeks.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.