Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Yellow Hats

Yesterday was Dorney Park--and if you remember, I mentioned hoping I would get to be a Yellow Hat. The morning of the trip, I got my yellow hat and walkie talkie! I really enjoyed being able to float from group to group. Heather D. and I walked around together and helped out kids and counselors who needed it, and we also went on a couple rides.

I went on the most intense ride I have ever been on. It is called Possessed, and I have included pictures. I rode it with Drew and Gil, but Drew and I were sitting together because Gil was too cool and collected for me. I was comfortable being a wuss in front of Drew. My heart was pounding so hard before we got on this thing. It was way more intense than skydiving! The ride itself was awesome after the first two drops, but those first two drops almost hurt--it was just a very intense stomach-drop. After that, my adrenaline-seeking was pretty much satisfied. I stuck to a nice safe Ferris Wheel ride with Heather.
Here is a shot of the entire ride--not very big, I apologize.

And here is the front--see how it twists at the top?
And the back of it.

We bought shirts for Charlotte and ourselves with our Bryn Mawr guys on them: Blaine for Heather, Jack for me, and Rico for Charlotte. I'll include pictures of us wearing those in the near future. I had a headache by the end of the trip and was very tired, but it was a good one. We didn't have any problems with missing campers and all the girls were safe. Tired, but safe. I hope I get to be a Yellow Hat for Hershey.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.