Saturday, July 25, 2009

Times

I went to Philly to pick up Explorers yesterday--there were 4 of them, not that hard a job. The drive up was long and I didn't really enjoy it. You know how sometimes you can have a good conversation with people you've just met, and sometimes you know there won't be much of one at all? Yeah, that was pretty much the drive up. I knew within the first 3 seconds that the driver and I were not going to be conversing well. We still could have, I guess, but it definitely would have been a stilted, limping conversation that would take more effort than it was worth. So as soon as she got on her phone, I plugged in my Ipod. And enjoyed every second I got to listen to my music. Picking up the girls was good. The parents were very pleasant and very interested to hear what was going to happen with their girls this weekend. The drive back was extremely short--the girls fell asleep, I fell asleep, and we all woke up near Honesdale.

JCSD is fast approaching. I am excited for it and a little bit anxious as to how the day is going to go down. We are still working out some logistical things right now.

My lip is feeling better--still blistered and gross, but the swelling has gone down and it doesn't hurt as bad. I will be doing a happy dance when it eventually is gone completely! I think a dock jump is in order!

I played in the lake on the surfboards with 14 yesterday. We have an Explorer in our bunk and they were pulling out the stops to show her a good time. We had some fun times. I stood on my surfboard 3 times and then had to abandon further attempts because my girls like to try to dunk me too much.

Everything else is going well--I won't even say how many days left we have, because I will cry.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.