Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July and Happy Birthday to Me!!!!



My birthday was yesterday.

I worked, but it was ok. The day started out with me feeling a bit blah and under the weather--literally, as it rained half of the day. I wasn't feeling too good for some reason, not related to my ever-present, lingering cold.

However, I have never had a birthday where I have heard happy birthday about a million times throughout the day--by the same people! And I received birthday hugs all day long too, which made me smile. It was nice to see how much I am cared about.

Heather wasn't here for the birthday jump off the dock this year, so Drew and Erica went with me. It was great.

I was also on skunk traffic control duty yesterday twice, which is new for me. This baby skunk was wandering camp in the daytime. I directed girls around it and called maintenance the first time, and then when Drew and I went down to jump off the dock, we ran into it again, heading into Adventure with the Manor House girls--who are our littlest girls on camp. Not a good thing.

My parents sent me a shoe filled with a bouquet of candy!

All in all, my birthday was amazing!!! If I couldn't spend it with my real family, I'm glad I got to spend it with my camp family.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day :)

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.