Saturday, July 12, 2008

Stress and Relief

My girls in Bunk 15, the ones who got the warning about being bullies, have been doing so great! I'm proud of them. I was a bit skeptical at first, but all three have been really trying to do better and I think it is a safer place for everyone now.
The other problem we were having was solved with a girl moving bunks, and after an initial breakdown she has sense decided to have fun and enjoy camp. Now she's happy and smiling and making lots of new friends.
I have another girl that I am attemping to help make friends. We are arranging playdates with her and one other girl--I have one with her today, in fact. The road is long and mostly uphill, but I am hoping that in time she will begin to feel better about being here. Her parents don't want her to go home and she is convinced she needs to go home. It can get pretty bad at times. I have hope that we can keep that situation manageable.
I have another move taking place today that I am a little nervous about. We are bringing another girl up from lower juniors to be in my Bunk 12. I will let you know how that progresses.
I have tonight off, which is great because I doubt I'll be getting any time off today at all.
I am handling everything surprisingly calmly.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.