Saturday, July 05, 2008

Pirates Who Get Stung By Bees

I woke up this morning and went outside to sit on my favorite adirondack chair--only to discover I lost an earring!! I retraced my steps but could not find it, which probably means it fell down the drain in the shower. Bummer. Which also means that I am currently looking like a pirate, with only one earring. I have gotten some interesting comments on it already. I guess I could take the other one out....
I called Mom and she is going to send me the other ones I have at home.
I was also at the pool with my girls today, judging their Olympics events, and I felt something on my wrist. So I looked down and this bee was going to town, just stinging away. We're talking repeatedly jabbing his little stinger in there with a viciousness that was truly awe-inspiring. I am positive that had I been able to understand bee, he would have been swearing at me too. I don't know what I did wrong--maybe I was just in his way when he was having a particularly bad day. Anyway, it swelled up and I got a bag of ice to put on it because it stung like whoa. It is currently feeling better and the swelling has gone down remarkably.
Tonight is my night off!!! I am incredibly excited to call home. Last night was the first night I have been homesick since I have been here. I had to really concentrate on not thinking about home and try to enjoy our fireworks. I talked to Kaelan before dinner and he told me that if I were home, we could all watch fireworks together. Kurt and Kat had their little ones at Mom and Dad's house, and Brandt drove home too. I really wished I could be there!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.