Saturday, July 19, 2008

Visiting Day

Visiting Day this summer was stress free--for me, at least. I wore my normal size polo, had Erica french-braid my hair for ease of wear, and wandered around socializing with parents all day long. It was hot out--the humidity was fierce--but there was a nice breeze that kept it from being truly miserable. I had one very nice lady offer me face sunscreen that totally did the job all afternoon and I didn't have to reapply. And of course the cookie tent was amazing.
My girls have the coolest parents. I just sat and talked with one set for about 15 minutes. One of my girls who was having cabin troubles until we switched her has amazing parents as well. They are from South Africa originally, and have very cool accents. We hung out for a bit.
I sat in the gym and watched for a little bit and talked to Bill. Everything was going well in there.
Soon we are going to the pool and then it will be Male Beauty tonight. I am going to be a guy--although I don't have a clue as to what my costume is going to be.
Speaking of costumes, we filmed the break for JCSD last night. The theme is Enchanted, so we were princesses. The movie we made has the first half of the real movie, where it is in cartoon form. Then Matt is going to splice in the part where we pop out as the real characters. The dresses we could drag out of the costume room are hideous! Either they don't fit or they are stained. Mine was a size 18 brown ankle-length satin formal that makes me look like a monk. Yikes. We did a few alterations on it with hair-ties that made it look more princessy, but only barely. We added some jewelry and some crowns. The actual filming went well. We had a good part where Bill yells at us for trying to go into Manville. Still, the costumes were ridiculously hideous.
I get to sleep in tomorrow!!!

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.