Sunday, June 28, 2009

And That's Why I Love Camp

The bus ride yesterday went like a dream--usually dealing with parents can be intimidating. And since I was going to Long Island, I was fully expecting more than a few incidents when I would regret going. HOWEVER...it was cake! The ride up was good, the parents were beyond good, and Joe and I had a very smooth transition. After they got on the bus and we pulled away, we had to go around with a thermometer and take all their temperatures. It was one of those that you stick in their ear and wait for it to quit beeping, so it wasn't very hard. We had one slight temperature, but it wasn't over 100. Then the long ride back was great. They gave up cell phones, candy, and passports without a fuss. I was so impressed with how relaxing the entire day turned out to be.

After they got here, I had a couple criers in the dining hall--I didn't get to finish eating dinner. But we got them to stop and then headed down for the evening activity. Then I got all nervous, because we had to dance the Hoedown Throwdown. And that ended up being great. I only slightly screwed up once, but for the most part we were all in sync. It was a good time.

I have to get used to sitting on OD. I'm used to being able to go to bed when I'm finished, but now I have to wait another hour and a half. I was in bed by 11, which is pretty fantastic for the first night of camp!

Let's see how the rest of the day goes.

Lice checks...I am a little bit scared that I have lice, even though my head hasn't ever itched...irrational fear, I know. Still. I'll keep you posted on that.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.