Saturday, June 13, 2009

Two-Year Old Hair and Blindfolds

And once again, my 2 year old hair is making an impression--and it is clearly here to stay. I figured I might be able to combat the frizz this year. Humidity is proving a worthy foe and I think I'm going to lose the battle. In past summers I have always just accepted and even embraced my 2 year old hair. I might have to do the same this summer.

I have a bed that is like one of those old jail house beds made completely out of metal. You know the kind I'm talking about, with the sketchy guy handcuffed to it? Yeah, I sleep on one of those. The problem being that one side of the springs is broken so I sag to one side every night. Not cool. I requested a board for underneath my bed, and Bill, bless his heart, made it happen today. I could not sleep yet another night on that thing. One side of my body went numb from trying not to change positions all night.

Life here is good. I am happy. I am not digging the humidity, as previously stated, but I can live with that.

Oh, one more thing. Today we did teambuilding in the Field house. We were split into 3 teams and had to do a challenge at each one--passing each other over a rope fence without touching it, swinging from a platform to a circle without touching the ground, and crossing a gap with 2 boards and nothing else. The catch? Two of us on each team were blindfolded and the rest of the team had to watch out for them. Yes, you guessed it. I was blindfolded. Things are not good when you can't see what the heck you're doing. I was passed around and led from spot to spot and swinging off that platform blind was kind of scary--but exhilarating at the same time. I think going off the zipline blindfolded would be sweet. In one respect.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.