Thursday, June 25, 2009

Unpacking Day

I loathe unpacking day. It is stressful, hot, sweaty, uncomfortable, and brings back to me my complete and utter dislike of packing and unpacking in general. I don't even like to pack or unpack for myself, why would I want to do it for 36 11-year olds? That being said, today went as well as it has ever gone in my past 3 summers at camp. It went quickly, it wasn't too stressful, and although it was hot and sweaty I think it actually wasn't as bad.

I am on a bus on Saturday to pick up the girls--I go to Long Island, NY. I like that trip. I get to drive right on through New York and see everything. I also enjoy being on a bus in general. Dealing with the parents doesn't bother me. For the most part they are all nice people and I like that I get to be somewhere and have some experiences, rather than waiting back at camp with nothing to do but busy work.

Tomorrow we have half the day off, and I don't know what is going to happen but I am pretty sure buying some navy shorts is in order. This year my Bryn Mawr leadership Polo is a size small and wonder of wonder it actually fits!! I'm digging that.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.