Wednesday, June 24, 2009

So You Think You're An Upper Junior

My counselors have been chosen. My cabin bed assignments are complete. My calendars are finished. I have a few other little things to do, and then tomorrow is the dreaded unpacking day. And then Saturday it begins.

Jane and Dan took the whole camp to the movies on Monday night as we always do every summer--I saw the Proposal with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Renolds and quite enjoyed it--and then when we got back to camp at 9:30, all the GLs dressed up like pirates and kidnapped the counselors, bringing them to the fieldhouse. There we proceeded to tell them their bunk placements and who their co-counselors were. No tears this year!!!! I was way too tired to deal if there was, and I'm sure it would have resulted in tears myself. At this point it was about midnight and I couldn't wait to go to bed.

I have met with my counselors and I think all will be great. I am not super excited about any, nor am I super bummed. I think the middle road is a good sign for right now. I'll take it.

Today we are finishing up some last minute things and then tomorrow the unpacking begins. I loathe that day. I don't like packing, either, but unpacking comes first so I'm just going to hate it a little bit more right now. I hate feeling hot and tired and stressed and sweaty.

On a happy note, we have sunshine!!! With a bit of a breeze to keep things cool. And I have already gotten quite the sock tan line. I think this year's is going to be a thing of beauty. I'll have to take pictures.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.