Thursday, June 25, 2009

Toga Designs

If I were living in ancient Greece, or anywhere else they wear togas all the time, I think my calling would be as a toga designer. I have always enjoyed the wearing of togas, and since rarely is there a choice opportunity to do such, the idea of wearing a toga. How awesome would that be, for that style to come back in? I would wear a toga all the time. Anyway, for Staff Olympics tonight the Group Leaders came out in togas to the olympics music. And I tied about half the togas. Heather D. tied the other half, and then eventually helped me with the style I wanted to fashion for my own toga. Who knew I had such a toga talent? It was a good skill to discover.

While we're on the topic of skills, we slack lined tonight behind the office for half an hour or more. It was so much fun to get back on a slack line. My slack line is currently hanging in my room, waiting for warm weather and two opportune trees. Perhaps when we go to Echo Lake for our family vacation I can get the slack line out for some family slack lining.

I managed to whack the ball of my thumb on something--not my thumb, per se, just the fat part at the base of my thumb. I don't know on what, but it swelled to about twice the size and hurts like a mofo. So I made my way to the Health Center and got some ice for it and some Ibuprofin to take the swelling down a bit. Then I rode around with Drew in the golf cart for 45 minutes while he did errands and I iced my thumb. And now, the swelling is down a teeny bit but it still really hurts. My guess is that I bruised it severely. Oh joy.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.