Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Days

Today was an exceptionally good day. I can't really think of a reason for this...it just was. Perhaps because we did some very awesome sessions and group activities. Perhaps because we had our Division Head dinner with all Junior camp GLs and Marjori. Perhaps because we get late sleep tomorrow. Or maybe because Thursday is our day off. Whatever it was, I was digging it.

I had my meeting with Jane and Marjori about the girls in my bunks. I have 36 campers this year, a new record for me. Hoo boy. I think it will be a challenge to learn all their names and to get to know them all. I have definitely been spoiled in previous years, especially since I had the same girls for 2 years in a row. We are told to come out of our comfort zones during the summer and I am especially going to be doing that this particular summer.

We get late sleep tomorrow and then Thursday is our day off. After that is the day the general staff counselors arrive, and I will be the one to pick them up in Newark. I've never done that before, so that should be a good time.

And I have nodded off. Talk to you later.

No comments:

My zany adventures anywhere and everywhere.